Best Practices Training (March 20)
On Wednesday, March 20, we will host an exclusive set of Best Practices Training, available only to conference attendees. Each attendee will have the chance to attend three workshops.
March 20: Early Morning Session (8:00-10:00)
- CAD to Mesh. Learning the best methods to achieve high fidelity meshes from imported CAD - the craft of CFD.
- Aerodynamics for Aerospace Applications. Focused on Aerospace type applications, setting up the models, including best practices for mesh design and capturing the correct physics - the art of CFD.
- Aero-thermal Simulation of Vehicles. Focused on ground vehicles with an emphasis on the overall simulation of the external flow and the underhood environment.
- Engine Simulation. Presentation of the best practices for simulation of internal combustion engines.
- Battery Simulation. How to model the thermal and chemical reactions of batteries and integrated systems.
March 20: Late Morning Session (10:30-12:30)
- Optimum Mesh Design. Determining the best mesh to use for a variety of analysis situations – and how to manipulate and refine existing meshes.
- Turbulence Modeling. How to select the most appropriate turbulence model for various simulations, how to tune models and what to expect.
- Coupling DEM with CFD. How to set up fully integrated CFD analysis of engineering systems incorporating movement of discrete particles – with examples.
- Combustion and Chemical Reaction Modeling. A discussion of the various combustion modeling approaches available including related chemical reaction modeling.
- Casting Simulation. An introduction and best practice discussion of casting simulation using CD-adapco software.
March 20: Early Afternoon Session (13:30-15:30)
- Design Optimization. How to set up and use the Optimate toolset to achieve best engineering design, faster and with less effort.
- Heat Transfer Modeling. Setting up simulations to capture heat transfer effects and interpretation of results for engineering design.
- Optimizing your Hardware Configuration for Simulation. A presentation and discussion of various techniques to accelerate hardware performance for numerical computation.
- Electric Machine Design. Presentation of the parameters important in e-machine design with discussion of solution techniques and examples.
- The Use of CFD in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering. A presentation of various numerical techniques and approaches used in naval architecture and offshore engineering.
These events are free to attend as part of your conference registration, but spaces are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.